Important preliminary information
#recoveryawards #DBrecovery #deconstructingstigma
Deadline for nominations: 12 noon 30 May 2023
Email to Awards @ DBrecoveryresources.com
Awards Dinner: 26 June 2023
The McLean-DB Recovery+ Awards are the ‘Oscars’ celebrating ‘stars’ in the field of recovery from addictive behaviours. They recognise, celebrate and encourage the lifesaving but under-recognised vocation of dedicated workers and, in so doing, help to remove stigma. The Awards identify and celebrate outstanding addiction treatment/recovery by organisations, individuals and teams. They recognise that high standards of quality and integrity are vital to successful outcomes, as well as rewarding the dedication and vocation of therapists, researchers and others at the cutting-edge of their profession.
This 4th year is expected to attract hundreds of entries that exemplify the talent, dedication and innovation of individuals and organisations across all aspects of recovery life, showing us countless reasons to take pride in our field.
After our independent judging panel has toiled over this cornucopia of excellence, our Awards evening on 26 June – where luminaries of recovery will gather for dinner in the Royal Horseguards Hotel near Parliament – gives us all the opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the extraordinary breadth and depth of the addiction-recovery world.
There are many reasons why you should enter McLean-DB Recovery+ Awards, including:
Picking up an award proves that all the hard work was worth it. It gives teams and individuals the energy to keep pushing boundaries for another year.
It’s good to be reminded of why you work with great partners. Having the collaboration recognised by the industry is powerful stuff. Even more so if you all come along to the awards night to celebrate and pick up the trophy together.
If you’re picking up awards, you can also pick up the interest of new talent. You can expect smart people to be knocking at your door to see if you have a desk for them.
There’s no better way of getting publicity than for being excellent. The McLean Hospital and DB Recovery Resources teams will inform national & international media, and their databases of relevant contacts. In addition, the daily DB Recovery+ News and the monthly Recovery Plus journal will promote the winners of the awards to their readers. That’s no small deal. We recommend that you use an award win for further PR opportunities, too. If you achieve something this special, you should make a noise about it.
Put your Awards Certificate on your wall
Let your clients and potential clients know you have been recognised as pre-eminent among your peers. Previous winners have also added their Award to their e-signatures.
Of course, what some might consider the most important part, is the awards show and our award show is legendary. They’re a great opportunity to reward your staff and let your hair down. The Award winners get a free place and can bring a complimentary guest also. Colleagues can attend at a highly-subsidised rate.
Your customers and peers are always on the look-out for examples of best practice, the best work and the best people. A few extra trophies will give you a real advantage when you’re growing your business.
All winners get a framed certificate to put on their wall,
- … and entry to the Recovery Awards Dinner
- … and entry for a companion/colleague of your choice
- … and a replica Oscar to display
- … and free publicity in the daily DB Recovery News, Recovery Plus journal and more
- … and some surprise gifts.
We seek to recognise champions / lifetime achievers in the following categories, helping individuals and families into recovery:
- Rehab CEO of the year/lifetime achievement
- Recovery researcher of the year
- Addiction therapist of the year/lifetime achievement
- Addiction-treatment commissioner of the year
- Lawyer of the decade/lifetime achievement ~ esp. helping lawyers into recovery
- Doctor of the decade/lifetime achievement ~ esp. helping doctors into recovery
- Peer recovery champion
- Politician of the year
- Recovery journalist of the year.
The McLean-DB Recovery+ Awards are free to enter, and open to anyone who can provide evidence of an individual’s or organisation’s recovery endeavours.
All you need do is email Awards@DBrecoveryresources.com by 12 noon 15 May 2024 with the following information:
- your own name and contact details
- your candidate’s name, contact details and (if applicable) their job title and organisation where they work
- no more than 450 words describing how your candidate goes/went “above and beyond the call of duty” in one of the categories below.
- All submissions must be emailed, in Word format.
- The judges reserve the right to re-allocate entries that in their view are entered in an incorrect category. The judges also reserve the right to remove categories where entries do not meet the standard for nomination. Individual judges can also make nominations, to be judged by the rest of the committee.
- The judges’ committee decision is final. Due to the number of entries received, the awards cannot give feedback on individual entries.
After the entry deadline, the judging panel will be given access to read your submission and view, where applicable, your images and links. The judging panel will be looking for evidence of:
- Clear and concise outcomes
- Creative thinking
- Dedication and efforts that go above and beyond.
After the panel has carried out its pre-judging, it will together discuss the entries and decide on the finalists, commendations and award winners.
Celebrate in style!
Date: Monday 1 July 2024, by invitation only
Venue: Tower Hotel by London’s landmark Tower Bridge
Dress code: smart
The Awards Dinner is your opportunity to showcase your own successes and/or those of others you admire, and signify the quality of your work. It’s the perfect occasion to gain recognition for your hard work, network with leading figures and decision makers and celebrate your achievements with your team.